● Be VIP guests of Sarah Aroeste and witness her groundbreaking live concert, Monastir, in a celebration of Macedonian Jewish life.
● Cook traditional Jewish Macedonian recipes with representatives of Skopje’s Jewish Community Center.
● Visit the remains of a 2nd century synagogue at the Stobi archaeological park.
● Tour Bitola’s former Jewish Quarter and cemetery.
● Pay respects at sites commemorating the deportation and near annihilation of the Jewish population of Macedonia.
● Learn at Skopje’s Holocaust Memorial Center.
● Have the opportunity to research trip participants’ Macedonian family roots with historians and archivists.
● Stroll through Skopje’s Ottoman Old Town.
● See Mother Teresa’s birthplace.
● Visit colorful mosques and find intricately designed iconostasis shrines and fresco reliefs at Macedonian Orthodox churches.
● Marvel at the beauty of national parks and pristine waters of Lake Ohrid.
Check out the detailed tour itinerary (also located at the bottom of this page).