Take an in-depth look behind the curtain of American politics in the nation’s largest and most populous city. Explore the boroughs of the Big Apple through multiple lenses, with two guides – one conservative and one liberal.
MEJDI Exclusive Socially Conscious Experiences:
- Stroll the streets of lower Manhattan, known as “Old New York,” and study the roots of immigration and how they shaped the American politics of today.
- Sit down with local immigrants and hear first-hand stories about the sought after “American Dream” and what that looks like for an immigrant living in NYC today, and discuss the political perspectives behind modern immigration.
- Trace the rise of industry from the formation of labor unions to present day Wall Street. Explore the effects of big business on the government, and vice versa.
- Examine the effects of cyclical gentrification on some of the city’s most diverse neighborhoods, and discuss the role of diversity in politics. Explore how civil planning plays a role in the health and well-being of the city’s residents.
- Discuss the effects of Covid-19 on NYC, and explore disparities in healthcare by neighborhoods hit hardest by the pandemic.
- Explore the role of human engagement and emotion in political conflict and learn how to approach uncomfortable conversations from a place of understanding, rather than persuasion. Discover the necessary steps to stop verbally assassinating “the other” and learn to “disagree better.”
Check out the detailed tour itinerary (also located at the bottom of this page).
Before you Register:
- Read through the Terms and Conditions
- Do not book your flight until you receive the tour confirmation email from us. This tour requires a minimum number of travelers to run and we will send out the tour confirmation (and update this note on the webpage) as soon as we have met that number.
Interested but not ready to deposit? Click the “Request Info” button at the top of the page so we can keep you updated on the tour status.