A Reason for Hope Tour
This tour will introduce you to Combatants for Peace’s work on the ground. Join our activists in their programs, learn about the movement and the conflict and see why there truly is ‘A Reason for Hope’ in the Holy Land. Along with learning about CfP activities, you will also have the opportunity to experience a beautiful, guided tour of both Israel and Palestine.
Combatants for Peace is an extraordinary organization. In 2006, Israeli and Palestinian former combatants, people who had taken an active role in the conflict, laid down their weapons and established Combatants for Peace. The egalitarian, bi-national, grassroots movement was founded on the belief that the cycle of violence can only be broken when Israelis and Palestinians join forces. Combatants for Peace is the only organization, worldwide, in which former fighters on both sides of an active conflict have laid down their weapons, choosing to work together for peace and justice. They were nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize, 2017.
Check out the full Tour Itinerary here!
Optional Pre-Trip Extension Tour of Northern Israel (November 1 – 3, 2021)
Arrive early to get an additional glimpse of the Israeli/Palestinian terrain. This pre-tour extension will expose you to the beauty, the religious history and the geopolitics of this land.
- Begin your tour in the picturesque lakeside town of Tiberias on the Sea of Galilee/Lake Kinneret where you’ll learn about the Jewish and Christian histories of the area.
- Continue up into the Golan Heights to learn about the conflicts between Israel and Syria, see some of the minefields and depopulated villages, and have coffee next to the bunkers at Mount Bental, overlooking the Valley of Tears.
- Travel to Nazareth for a tour of the White Mosque and Church of the Annunciation. Then make a quick stop to view the Bahai Gardens in Haifa on your way to a local Druze family for lunch. Spend the afternoon in Herod’s port city of Caesarea Maritima where you’ll tour the ruins, learn about the area’s old Bosnian Muslim community and Crusader history, and enjoy the ocean breezes along the beach. End the tour at your hotel in Tel Aviv, where you will meet up with your fellow travelers to being the full Dual-Narrative Tour.
Registration for this extension tour can be completed during the Israel/Palestine Dual Narrative Tour registration process. You will also have the option to register for the extension tour at a later date (details will be provided after registration is completed). There is a minimum number of travelers needed for the pre-trip extension tour to run at the listed price. Private tours can be arranged as well.
Check out the full Pre-Trip Extension Tour Itinerary here!
Optional Post-Trip Extension Tour of Jordan (November 13 – 16, 2021)
Explore the wild beauty of the Arabian Peninsula, with MEJDI’s add-on to Petra, Wadi Rum, and Jerash. The perfect combination of relaxation, education, and adventure, with only a few extra days you can:
- Experience traditional Arabian desert life in the valleys of Wadi Rum. Share coffee with bedouins, see camels in their natural habitat, and view rock inscriptions (ancient and modern) left by local tribes.
- In a MEJDI exclusive, have an opportunity to give back and help bring positive change to the Middle East, by meeting with Syrian refugees in Jerash. Learn first-hand about the conflict in Syria, ask questions, and hear how the war has taken a toll on countries like Lebanon and Jordan, and on everyday Syrian families.
- Check off your bucket-list the impressive and monumental ruins of Jerash, the best-preserved Roman city in the Arab Middle East following the destruction of Palmyra.
- Put on your cowboy hat (or fedora), and explore the ancient Nabatean city of Petra! Walk through wind-swept sandstone valleys with stunning rock striations, and discover the echoing chambers of ancient tombs. The more adventurous can ride a horse or a donkey through the valleys of this the famous “Indiana Jones” filming site.
Registration for the extension tour can be completed during the Israel/Palestine Dual Narrative Tour registration process. You will also have the option to register for the extension tour at a later date (details will be provided after registration is completed). There is a minimum number of travelers needed for the post-trip extension tour to run at the listed price. Private tours can be arranged as well.
Check out the full Post-Trip Extension Tour Itinerary here!
Before you Register:
- Read through the Terms and Conditions (deposits are non-refundable)
- Do not book your flight until you receive the Tour Confirmation email from us. This tour requires a minimum number of travelers to run and we will send out the Tour Confirmation as soon as we have met that number.
- At the moment, travel insurance is required for medical coverage and trip cancellation insurance is highly recommended. In addition, we recommend purchasing a Cancel for Any Reason (CFAR) travel insurance policy which allows you to cancel your trip prior to travel and receive a percentage of the non-refundable trip costs. The timeframe for you to purchase a CFAR policy is important to note and varies based on insurance provider. In some cases policies need to be purchased 20 days after the date of deposit. Here are a few that we work with, please click the link for more information and a quote:
- Yonder Travel (insurance search site for comparison of all policies available)
Interested but not ready to deposit? Click the “Request Info” button at the top of the page so we can keep you updated on the tour status.