PLEASE NOTE: The 2020 tour has been postponed until further notice. Please be in touch with Karen Nell Smith for more information on the postponed tour.
An 8-day journey to the Holy Land and its people that will engage your mind, body, and soul. Join a group of Jews, Christians, and Muslims for a unique opportunity to explore sacred terrain, both geographical and spiritual. At the heart of this trip is listening with an open heart and mind to the life stories representing many different perspectives and experiences including Muslims in East Jerusalem, Christians in Bethlehem, former combatants, Jewish settlers, Palestinian refugees, and Jewish and Arab peacemakers. Our Israeli and Palestinian guides will model respectful dialogue and disagreement as they offer their respective points of view. Come to expand your understanding of the complex reality of this land that means so much to each of us as people of faith and strengthen relationships with other peacemakers and interfaith “bridge builders” from central New England and beyond. Teams of interfaith colleagues are encouraged to come together and return to their local communities to share from this experience.
More information about this tour is on the webpage of the Open Spirit Center.
For more information on the group leaders for this tour, check out their bios here: Group Leader Bios
Check out the detailed tour itinerary (also located at the bottom of this page).
Check out a four minute TED talk by the founder of MEJDI in which he outlines the history and philosophy behind the company.
Before you Register:
- Read through the Terms and Conditions
- Do not book your flight until you receive the tour confirmation email from us. This tour requires a minimum number of travelers to run and we will send out the tour confirmation (and update this note on the webpage) as soon as we have met that number.
- If you are registering for more than one person, please email Shannon Okuonghae ([email protected]) with the following information for each traveler:
- Name (First and Last)
- Email (If they would like to receive pre-trip communication from us)
- Phone Number
- If you are requesting single or double rooms. There is a single room supplement fee of $655 as the tour price is based on double occupancy in a hotel room.