Lewis & Clark Alumni and Parent Programs invites you to join us on a once-in-a-lifetime trip to Greece. Experience the beauty, food and culture from a local’s perspective.
Picturesque views of the Aegean Sea, dramatic geological landscapes, rich and diverse cuisine and – of course – the Greek isles. It can be easy to visit Greece and have a nice vacation, but remain distant from the people and culture. This is what makes traveling to Greece with Lewis & Clark and our partner, MEJDI Tours, profoundly distinct. Your guides will ensure you have a special experience while broadening your perspective in the company of Professors Ben David and Karen Gross.
- About 16 -20 participants.
- Walk the Acropolis and discover ancient art sites with Ben David, Professor of Art History.
- Explore the setting for Homer’s Iliad and Odyssey with Professor of English Karen Gross.
- Journey through Athens, Delphi, Crete, Santorini.
- A dinner hosted by a local family with traditional food and music; enjoy a local culinary tour as well.
- Sessions with local journalists in three locations regarding the economy, politics, religious issues and refugee crisis.
- Discussion with a local expert to discuss Greek philosophy, meet with a local historian about the history of Greek democracy, and watch a Greek tragedy or drama.
- An educational day sail on a yacht to the island of Dia. Enjoy an additional cruise around the volcano caldera and hot springs on Santorini.
- “A day in the village” in the Lassithi Plateau.
- Explore byzantine monasteries, and world famous Knossos Palace.
These quality hotels or equivalent:
- Electra Palace Hotel in Athens
- Amalia Hotel in Delphi
- GDM Megaron in Heraklion, Crete
- Aqua Suites Hotel in Imerovigli, Santorini
- Deposit – $500 per person (non-refundable)
- Double Occupancy – $5,190 per person ($500 deposit plus $4,690 final payment)
- Single Occupancy – $6,390 per person ($500 deposit plus $5,890 final payment)
- International Airfare is not Included
- Final payments will be due August 5. Invoices will be emailed following tour confirmation.
Click here for a detailed tour itinerary.
Before you Register:
- Read through the Terms and Conditions
- This tour has met the minimum number of travelers and is confirmed to run. After registering you will receive additional information on how to book your flight and prepare for the tour.
- If you are registering for more than one person, please complete the following Traveler Registration Form