WHY ISRAEL? WHY NOW? A trip to Israel may not feel urgent or timely. As citizens of the United States we feel overwhelmed by a battle for the American soul. As Progressive Jews we find ourselves experiencing an unprecedented dissonance between the Israeli government and our Jewish values. What a better time than NOW or a better place than ISRAEL to discover others who struggle, hope and aspire as we do? What a better time than NOW or a better place than ISRAEL to revive the Jewish skill of diverse discourse and nuanced understanding? What a better time than NOW or a better place than ISRAEL to remind us of and reconnect us to our most precious values? Join us on this unique trip, as we explore, experience and engage with Israel and Palestine — in a style that authentically reflects the spirit of the Micah community.
Check out the detailed tour itinerary (also located at the bottom of this page).
Check out a four minute TED talk by the founder of MEJDI in which he outlines the history and philosophy behind the company.
More information about the duel narrative tour can be found in this Smithsonian article.
Optional Pre-Trip Extension March 18 – March 22, 2020
For detailed information and pricing, check out the pre-trip extension tour itinerary (also located at the very bottom of the page).
There is a minimum number of travelers (8) needed in order to run the pre-trip extension.
To register for the extension portion of this tour, please email Shannon Okuonghae ([email protected]) by or before the tour registration deadline.
Before you Register:
- Read through the Terms and Conditions
- Do not book your flight until you receive the tour confirmation email from us. This tour requires a minimum number of travelers to run and we will send out the tour confirmation (and update this note on the webpage) as soon as we have met that number.
- If you are registering for more than one person, please email Shannon Okuonghae ([email protected]) with the following information for each traveler:
- Name (First and Last)
- Email (If they would like to receive pre-trip communication from us)
- Phone Number
- If you are requesting single or double rooms. There is a single room supplement fee of $700 as the tour price is based on double occupancy in a hotel room.
- If you are also planning to participate on the pre and/or post-trip extension tour(s), please email please email Shannon Okuonghae ([email protected]) to register.
- *Price may decrease based on number of travelers, please see the below pricing tier. Please note: Pricing varies based on a number of factors (duration of tour, type and location of sites and attractions, quality of hotels, etc).
- Pricing tiers:
- 30 – 34 Travelers – $2,610 Per Person,
- 25 – 29 Travelers – $2,768 Per Person,
- 20 – 24 Travelers – $2,936 Per Person,
- 15 – 19 Travelers – $3,194 Per Person