Oklahoma Religions United in Israel and the Palestinian Territories
Jewish, Muslim, and Christian leaders around Oklahoma will share in an unprecedented trip to the Holy Land. Based on the people we meet and the learning we do together, this trip will:
- Visit holy sites of all three religions to understand the sanctity of the land to our neighbors and ourselves
- Give us a nuanced understanding of the conflict between Israel and the Palestinian Territories
- Enable us to speak with greater authority and balance about the current situations in the Holy Land
- Strengthen our capacity for inter-faith problem solving and community building
- Enable us to better discuss and distinguish the interplay between politics and religious belief
The Abrahamic religions share a deep, faith-based connection to the Holy Land. Better understanding the conflict between Israel and the Palestinian Territories through interfaith dialogue, study, and experience, we can position ourselves to more productively pursue peace between us at home.
Upon returning from the trip, participants commit to expanding the conversation to their faith communities and engaging in interfaith dialogue and outreach based on this special journey.
Rev. Dr. William Tabbernee, Imam Dr. Imad Enchassi, and Rabbi Vered L. Harris
Click here to view the itinerary.
There is an optional extension January 12 – 15, 2017. Click here to view the itinerary. The price for this extension is $1,369.
Please do not purchase your flights until this trip is confirmed!