Unlike any other tour to Bosnia & Croatia, MEJDI introduces you to the historical cities of Sarajevo, Mostar, Srebrenica and Dubrovnik through our extensive network of local experts.
Led by the famous Bosnian photojournalist and TED Fellow, Ziya Gafic, this tour to Bosnia/Croatia is all about meeting the most interesting people leading the most innovative organizations. Gafic will connect you to religious and cultural activists, storytellers and artists.
Beginning in Sarajevo and ending in scenic Dubrovnik you will explore UNESCO Heritage sites, discover in-depth perspectives of the Bosnian war, experience the breadth of Croatian cuisine and enjoy island exploration with time to relax on the beach.
A sample itinerary MEJDI Tour to Bosnia/Croatia may include:
- An interfaith conversation in Sarajevo with a Christian and Muslim family, once divided by the war.
- Dinner with a former, Bosnian general who now runs an educational NGO.
- Photography lessons as you capture the historical sites and local faces of Dubrovnik.
- Boating through Mostar along the Neretva River, stopping for a picnic near a historical Sufi home.
- An expanded tour to other Balkan countries including Albania, Macedonia, Serbia or Herzegovina.
The MEJDI Way: Our trusted relationship with Ziya Gafic and other local artists provides you with a tour like no other. The best restaurants, the best most interesting entrepreneurs and cultural experiences are core to the MEJDI Tour in Bosnia/Croatia. As in all MEJDI Tours, you will arrive to Bosnia/Croatia a tourist and leave a friend of the locals. Contact us at [email protected] to learn more about a MEJDI Tour to Bosnia/Croatia.