Celebrate your Adult Bat Mitzvah with Women of the Wall
Group tours to Israel with bat mitzvah ceremonies at the Kotel.
Have you not had a bat mitzvah? You’re not alone! Many women never had the opportunity to have a bat mitzvah in their youth.
Now you can have an empowering adult bat mitzvah experience at the Kotel in Jerusalem with Women of the Wall. Not only will you get to publicly reaffirm your commitment to Jewish life, but you will be joining a movement for religious and gender equality as well.
Our adult bat mitzvah tours to Israel allow your entire group to enjoy the best of Israel with a personally customized, socially conscious itinerary that involves site-seeing, hands-on volunteering, and meeting inspiring agents of change.
Your trip will culminate with the bat mitzvah at the Kotel surrounded by friends, family, and a community of women who will celebrate with you in prayer, song, and dance. The ceremony will take place in the women’s section of the Kotel, but male family members and friends can participate and see from behind the women’s section, and hear everything that happens during the prayer service through wireless headsets that are provided.
Tour packages for adolescent bat mitzvah ceremonies with Women of the Wall and Women of the Wall solidarity missions are also available.
These tours have been endorsed by some of the top rabbinic leaders from across the full denominational spectrum.
- Bat mitzvah ceremony, a Women of the Wall tallit (prayer shawl), a bat mitzvah certificate upon completion, and a celebratory meal.
- A personalized, custom itinerary based on your group’s needs and our destination-specific local knowledge.
- Special feminist-focused tours and meetings with innovated women leaders, including a representative of Women of the Wall.
- Behind-the-scenes exclusive access to sites, points of interest, local communities, and cultural innovators.
- Pre-traveling briefings, recommended reading lists, packing lists, and country information including weather forecasts and local customs.
- Diverse lodging options, from 5+ star luxury hotels and private cabins to homestays and hostels.
- MEJDI trained guides.
- A private bus/van and driver.
- Dedicated customer service representatives in USA and Jerusalem.
- Security coordination.
PACKAGES CAN INCLUDE
- Access to MEJDI’s network of group flights and travel insurance providers.
- Elite VIP service at the airport and checkpoints so you do not need to wait in line.
- Airport to hotel and hotel to airport transfers.
- As many of the lunches and dinners you desire.
- Our unique, multiple-perspective guiding and speakers highlighting diverse cultural, political, ethnic, and religious narratives.
- Customized food and beverage services, from authentic home-cooked meals to five-star (kosher) restaurants.
- Optional add-ons including touring within the West Bank and/or Jordan.
- Customary tips to drivers, guides, and hotel staff.
- Professional photography services.
- Introductions to bat mitzvah tutors.
Note: Minimum number of participants: 10 people.