Celebrate your Bat Mitzvah with Women of the Wall
Family tours to Israel with bat mitzvah ceremonies at the Kotel.
Your daughter can take her place as a Jewish woman and join the struggle for religious and gender equality with a feminist-focused family tour to Israel that is inclusive of a bat mitzvah ceremony at the Kotel with Women of the Wall.
Have you not had a bat mitzvah? It’s never too late! Women of any age can have an adult bat mitzvah with Women of the Wall on our group tours to Israel. We also offer solidarity missions.
Your entire family will enjoy the best of Israel on a personally customized, socially conscious tour that involves site-seeing, hands-on volunteering, and meeting inspiring agents of change.
Your trip will culminate with a bat mitzvah at the Kotel. Festively escorted from the gates of the Old City to the Kotel Plaza under a chuppah canopy, your family will be surrounded by lively musicians, friends, and a community of women who will lead everyone in song and dance. The ceremony will take place in the women’s section of the Kotel, but male family members and friends can participate and see from behind the women’s section, and hear everything that happens during the prayer service through wireless headsets that are provided.
These tours have been endorsed by some of the top rabbinic leaders from across the full denominational spectrum.
- Bat mitzvah ceremony complete with a musical entrance under a chuppah, a Women of the Wall tallit (prayer shawl), a bat mitzvah certificate upon completion, and a celebratory meal.
- A personalized, family-friendly, custom itinerary based on your family’s needs and our destination-specific local knowledge.
- Special feminist-focused tours and meetings with innovative girls and women, including a representative of Women of the Wall.
- Behind-the-scenes exclusive access to sites, points of interest, local communities, local leaders, and cultural innovators.
- Pre-travel briefings, recommended reading lists, packing lists, and country information including weather forecasts and local customs.
- Diverse lodging options, from 5+ star luxury hotels and private cabins to homestays and hostels.
- MEJDI trained guides.
- A private bus/van and driver.
- Dedicated customer service representatives in USA and Jerusalem.
- Security coordination.
PACKAGES CAN INCLUDE
- Access to MEJDI’s network of group flights and travel insurance providers.
- Elite VIP service at the airport and checkpoints so you do not need to wait in line.
- Airport to hotel and hotel to airport transfers.
- As many of the lunches and dinners you desire.
- Our unique, multiple-perspective guiding and speakers highlighting diverse cultural, political, ethnic, and religious narratives.
- Customized food and beverage services, from authentic home-cooked meals to five-star (kosher) restaurants.
- Optional add-ons including touring within the West Bank and/or Jordan.
- Customary tips to drivers, guides, and hotel staff.
- Professional photography services.
- Introductions to bat mitzvah tutors.
Note: Minimum number of participants: 10 people.